I visited Amsterdam recently and took a little TFIOS tour! I started at the library where John wrote some of the book and then went on a hunt to find the places in the book and got to meet another Nerdfighter in the process!
When I go to Amsterdam, I’ll be doing this.
this is the most adorable thing i’ve seen in my life
i just want a boy who touches me distractedly
like sitting watching a movie and he just kinds of drags his fingers over your skin while watching and he doesn’t have a motive he’s not trying to tickle you or be sexual with you he’s just touching your skin and feeling the shape of your bones under that skin like it’s physically comforting for him to know that you’re there right under his fingertips
oh fuck i didnt know girls liked when i did this
- Falling in love with someone’s mind takes time.
- Sometimes the only right answer is an answer. Silence can break a heart as easily as words.
- Never rush a kiss.
- You know you’re starting to fall in love with someone when you want to hold their hand. Even if it’s just a couple of entangled fingers.
- Read books cover-to-cover, because sometimes all it takes is one line and greatness is usually well beneath the surface.
- People will try to change you. Sometimes for you, sometimes for them. Know the difference. Trust yourself to know the difference.
- Sometimes sex is awkward. You have to be able to laugh about it. Laugh until it’s mind-blowingly-amazing.
- Life isn’t about winning. (Losing at strip poker can be pretty fun.)
- You are capable of hurting someone far more than you realized.
- Letting go takes two people.
- Some people will see right through your armor. That takes time and effort. Appreciate it.
- People can break you. Only you can heal you.
- Liking the taste of beer on someone’s lips doesn’t equal liking beer, it equals liking them a whole lot more than you’re willing to admit. But order that beer. And another. One more. It might make your walls crumble for long enough to let you realize how you feel; or let them see.
- Some conversations can only be had if you’re sitting across from each other.
- Sometimes a kiss tells you what you don’t want to hear.
- Falling out of love with someone’s mind takes time. But it’s OK to lie to yourself and pretend it was all about the eyes. For a little while.
- Moving on takes time. It takes patience and self-love. There isn’t a cosmic sign, or a moment of epiphany, you won’t wake up feeling different one morning. Order a beer once in a while. Take a sip. Close your eyes. What does the taste tell you?
m.v., Things I learned from loving a boy and letting him go (via findingwordsforthoughts)
Thisssss😩😭😭😭😔😔 I’m bawling
This is my favorite thing
this is so very british
oh my god it gets better when you understand exactly how far he went
Dragon daddy who loves his baby.
DYING OF CUTE! <3